Friday, March 19, 2010

Leadership Tips

You don't have to be a manager or have a position of authority to be considered a leader. I'm a strong believer that if we feel inspired to lead, we should strive to be leaders.

It doesn’t matter what position we hold. To me, a leader is someone who: listens to understand, is trustworthy, is positive and passionate about the work they do.

Passion is the quality that influences me the most and makes me want to do the best job possible. When I work with someone who is passionate about what they do, it's contagious! I find myself becoming just as excited about the project as they are. This excitement drives me, inspires me to exceed expectations, roll up my sleeves and get to work! I think others feel the same way.

So, I say, let your passion show! Here is an interesting article that I found about the role “passion” plays in leadership that I wanted to share. Enjoy!


Great Leadership